Get more done in less time
with digital dictation
You grew fond of your tape-based recorder but want to increase efficiency? This is where the PocketMemo 9380 comes into play. With the professional slide switch you can hold on to your working habits and enhance your dictation workflow.
High recording quality in DSS format
The DSS format was developed for the use in digital voice recorders, achieving a high compression ratio with little loss of quality. The DSS format also allows you to store additional information in the file header, which facilitates the organization and the transcription of dictation files.
High-quality built-in microphone for excellent sound quality
The high-quality microphone delivers increased recording sensitivity and excellent sound quality.
SpeechExec workflow software for easy data management
SpeechExec sends your recordings to your assistant for transcription and allows you to monitor the status of your work.
Professional editing via slide-switch operation
Easy and fast file editing (insert, overwrite, append) via convenient slide switch.
Priority setting for getting urgent jobs processed first
With the included priority setting option, urgent recordings get processed first.
Automatic file download via USB for quick transcription
When plugged in, the Pocket Memo dictation recorder automatically downloads your audio files directly onto the computer.
Exchangeable memory card for unlimited recording
Virtually unlimited recording capacity thanks to an exchangeable memory card.
Lightweight metal body for convenient working
The ergonomically shaped lightweight metal body is ideal for convenient working over longer periods of time.
Direct charging via USB for economical recording
Help protect the environment by simply recharging the batteries of your device using USB instead of buying new batteries.
Voice-activation function for hands-free recording
Voice-activated recording is a convenience feature for hands-free recording. When enabled, recording will start automatically when you start speaking. Recording stop automatically after you stop speaking and restart automatically when you start speaking again.
Enter your software serial number
The VoiceTracer Speech Recognition Software only works with Philips VoiceTracer Audio Recorders. To download the installation file, enter the serial number, then click Download.
Find your serial number
The serial number can be found on the quick start guide in the product packaging.
- 3.5 mm
- 3.5 mm
- High-speed USB 2.0
- Docking connector
- Memory card slot
- Diagonal screen size:
- 44 mm/1.71"
- 128 × 128 pixels
- Exchangeable memory card
- Memory card types:
- Secure Digital (SD), Secure Digital (SDHC)
- Mass storage class compliant
- Recording formats:
- Digital speech standard (DSS)
- Built-in microphone:
- Recording modes:
- QP (DSS/mono), SP (DSS/mono)
- Bit rate:
- 13.5 kbps (SP), 27 kbps (QP)
- Recording time (2 GB card):
- 349 hours (SP), 170 hours (QP)
- Sample rate:
- 16 kHz (QP), 12 kHz (SP)
- Speaker type:
- built-in round dynamic speaker
- Speaker diameter:
- 30 mm
- Speaker output power:
- 200 mW
- Frequency response:
- 300–7,000 Hz (QP), 300–5,700 Hz (SP) Hz
- Professional editing functions
- Multiple language support:
- 4 languages (EN, FR, DE, ES)
- 2 smart buttons
- Author ID setting
- Control via slide switch
- File lock
- One-thumb operation
- Priority setting
- Voice-activated recording
- Automatic software updates
- Battery type:
- AAA/LR03 Alkaline, Philips AAA Ni-MH LFH9154
- Number of batteries:
- yes, via USB
- Battery lifetime:
- up to 23 hours in SP recording mode
- Batteries included
- Pentium IV 1GHz recommended
- RAM memory:
- 1 GB (2 GB recommended)
- Hard disk space:
- 100 MB for SpeechExec, 850 MB for Microsoft .NET Framework (Windows)
- Headphone output or speakers
- Operating system:
- Windows 8/7/Vista (32/64 bit), Mac OS X 10.8/10.7
- Free USB port
- DVD-ROM drive
- Graphics card:
- DirectX-compliant graphics card with hardware acceleration recommended
- Sound device:
- Windows-compatible sound device
- Compliant to 2002/95/EC (RoHS)
- Lead-free soldered product
- SpeechExec Dictate software
- USB cable
- Secure Digital memory card
- Quick start guide
- 2Rechargeable AAA batteries LFH9154
Design and finishing
- full metal body
Manuals and documentation
- Quick start guide (slide switch FWD, PLAY/REC, STOP, REW) English (917 KB)
- Quick start guide (slide switch REC, STOP, PLAY, REW) English (939 KB)
- User manual (slide switch FWD, PLAY/REC, STOP, REW) English (4.8 MB)
- User manual (slide switch REC, STOP, PLAY, REW) English (4.8 MB)
- Software manual (Windows) English Pro Dictate (26 KB)
Software and drivers
Marketing & sales material
- Leaflet English (1.1 MB)