Philips SpeechExec Version 10 has been end of life since February 2020. As the legacy versions of SpeechExec have been end of life and end of support for a number of years; and there are successor versions of SpeechExec available, we have decided to take the SpeechExec license server offline by June 1, 2023.
What does this mean?
- Customers who wish to revoke an already activated SpeechExec Version 10 license or older, and activate it again will not be able to do so after June 1, 2023.
- Customers who have SpeechExec Version 10 or older installed on a computer can continue to use the software on this computer after June 1, 2023 as long as the license stays installed on this same computer. Customers will not be able to revoke and reactivate at this point and will need to upgrade.
What you should do?
- We recommend upgrading to the successor version of SpeechExec, which is SpeechExec Version 12. You can do this by reaching out to one of our trusted Partners, who will be able to assist you. Click here for the dealer locator.
- We also offer the cloud dictation workflow solution SpeechLive if you would like to find out more.
- Please note – if you are already utilising SpeechExec Version 12 you are unaffected by this change.
What are the benefits?
- SpeechExec Version 10 and older have not been tested in newer versions of Windows 10 or Windows 11. Therefore, they have never been officially supported in these environments. SpeechExec Version 12 is fully supported in Windows 10 and Windows 11.
- Legacy versions of SpeechExec could only ever be installed and activated on one machine at a time.
- SpeechExec Version 12 is licensed per user, rather than per machine. This means it can be installed on multiple computers at once, giving the user greater flexibility. SpeechExec Version 12 is a subscription based license and this means that if you have a valid subscription you will be eligible for new releases of the software through this subscription ensuring you are always up to date.
- If you upgrade to SpeechExec Version 12 from SpeechExec Version 10 then all of your user settings and dictations are retained.